The SCCA Runoffs is the National Championships for all SCCA (Sports Car Club of America) classes. Each class may have a ‘National Points Championship’, however, everyone wants to win the 1 National Championship Race held once a year. Only the top competitors from each class are invited to run this prestigious race. To add to the excitement, this year’s event is being held at Daytona International Speedway on the 3.56 Road Course this weekend September 25th to 27th.
Joseph Burton-Harris is the 2015 National Points Champion for the Formula Mazda class and tipped to be one of the front-runners at this year’s SCCA Runoffs presented by Garmin VIRB. There are 4 Qualifying sessions, of which the best time recorded will establish the grid for the race. The one and only National Championship race is over 15 laps (approximately 40 minutes)..winner takes all.
Live Feed and Commentary
beginning Monday 21st Sept with nightly TV shows at 6pm EST
Formula Mazda Schedule
- Practice Day 1: Saturday 19th September
- Practice Day 1: Sunday 20th September
- Qualifying 1: Monday 21st September 1.30pm EST (Tues 22nd Sept 3.30am Australian EST)
- Qualifying 2: Tuesday 22nd September 8.40am EST (Tues 22nd Sept 10.40pm Australian EST)
- Qualifying 3: Wednesday 23rd September 3.50pm EST (Thurs 24th Sept 5.50am Australian EST)
- Qualifying 4: Thursday 24th September 10.40am EST (Fri 25th Sept 12.40am Australian EST)
- Race: Friday 25th September 9.55am EST (Sat 26th Sept 11.55pm Australian EST)